|Home > Properties
Orchard House Hicks Farm Holidays United Kingdom
Barn in Wales, United Kingdom
Property Details of Wales Barn
Orchard House is a delightful barn conversion, originally a cow byre it has been carefully designed to provide spacious character accommodation with every modern convenience. Throughout the property many original beams and features have been retained and incorporated into the décor, in fact every room has exposed beams.
The large well-fenced garden is laid down to lawn making it ideal for outdoor games. For those who prefer a quiet read in the sun or a glass of wine whilst the Barbeque cooks, the patio area is perfect for you, comfortable garden furniture is provided and if you have forgotten to pack a book just choose one from the bookshelves.
Orchard House has…………
• An entrance hall with plenty of coat hooks and space for all the wellies! Outdoor toys are also stored here.
• A downstairs cloakroom.
• The lounge is comfortably furnished with seating for fourteen, which includes two high-seated wing chairs. It has a wood burning stove, CD player, a Nicam wide flat screen television, with compatible video and DVD player. In the side board you will find board games and puzzles and there are plenty more at the farmhouse you can borrow! We also have an extensive personal video/DVD library from which you are welcome to select videos/DVD’s– a list is provided in the house. Please note this room has a built-in hearing loop and loop amplifier which can be used by those with a “T” position on their hearing-aid.
• The very large farmhouse kitchen (7m x 5m) doubles as a dining room, where the whole party can dine together. The fitted oak kitchen has a range style electric cooker with ceramic hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier, kettles, toaster and all the necessary crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment. There is also a television and radio/CD player. This room has a hearing loop and loop amplifier.
• In the second staircase lobby area there is a payphone accepting incoming and outgoing calls. This is ideally placed immediately outside the downstairs bedroom suite in case of emergencies. Please note that mobile reception is poor in this area so the landline provision is essential
• The downstairs bedroom suite with twin beds (that can be zipped together to create a huge super king-size bed!) and an ensuite bathroom, which have been designed and furnished with the less mobile, especially wheelchair users, in mind. Emergency alarms and a hearing loop are fitted in this room. A wall-mounted television with a remote control and coffee/tea making facilities are provided. There is also an emergency exit from this room directly on to the car park.
• All the downstairs doors are extra wide allowing easy access for the less mobile. Light switches and power points on the ground floor are suitably placed for the wheelchair user.
Upstairs you will find
• The north bedroom suite with a king-size bedstead, ensuite bathroom, ensuite cot room, television, coffee/tea making facilities and sitting area.
• The second and third bedrooms have three and four full-size single beds, respectively, with their own bathroom along the corridor.
• The south bedroom suite with a king-size and a single bedstead, ensuite bathroom, television, coffee/tea making facilities and sitting area.
• All the bedrooms have bedside cabinets or tables, bedside lamps, dressing tables with mirrors, wardrobes and a chair plus a hairdryer.
• All bathrooms have full-size baths with power showers over them, heated towel rails and shaver points.
• For guest’s safety all the bedrooms are fitted with smoke alarms, stair gates are available on request. All the windows are lockable.
• High chairs, cots, and other baby/toddler paraphernalia are available on request. Ask before you pack!
• A varied selection of board games and puzzles for all ages is available from the farmhouse.
• Barbeque and garden furniture provided.
• Guests should note that their water would be from a treated private supply.
• There is ample parking area within the house grounds for five cars with additional parking adjacent to the far end of the property for another five cars.
• The house has been tastefully decorated to a high standard with oil-fired central heating throughout.
• We are annually inspected by the English Tourism Council and have been awarded the Four Star rating.
• Advance ordering of groceries and other provisions by prior arrangement.
• Baby sitting by arrangement.
• All amenities in Presteigne, four miles away.
• The nearest British Rail Station is Knighton, six miles away.
• Bus services are available in both Presteigne and Knighton.
• Ordnance Survey map reference: SO 337 697
(Sheet Number: 148 Landranger Series)
Orchard House sleeps 14 in five bedrooms plus 3 cots.
Our cots are full-size wooden cots with safety mattresses.
Local Area DetailsOffas Dyke Ironbridge Gorge and Museums Ludlow Hereford Cathedral Presteignes Judges Lodgings
Additional InformationThis property caters for disabled people
Orchard House Hicks Farm Holidays United Kingdom Property Information
Property Features * Has a Pool
* Close to a golf course
* Pets are allowed
* Children are allowed
Accommodation and Facilities Summary
|Bathroom||Bathrooms 4, Toilets 5|
|Bedroom||Singles 8, Ensuites 5, King Size 3|
|Dining||Dining room table, Seating for >10 People|
|Entertainment||Hi Fi, TV, Video, DVD Player, Radio, Cassette Player|
|Kitchen||High Chair Available, Crockery & Cutlery Provided, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Hob, Oven, Freezer, Fridge, Microwave, Grill, Toaster|
|Laundry||Washing Machine Provided, Linen Provided, Towels Provided, Clothes Dryer, Iron, Ironing Board|
|Living Room||Seating for >10 People, Sofas 4, Armchairs 2, Fireplace|
|Local Activities||Cycling, Fishing, Golf, Horse Riding, Mountain Biking, Swimming, Walking|
|Local Area||Quiet Bars and Pubs, Restaurants, Distance to Local Town Centre 5km, The local town is Sleepy|
|Location||Distance to Airport 50-100km, In the Country, Remote Location|
|Outside||Barbecue Area, Barbecue, Patio, Parking, Shared Swimming Pool, Garden, Outside Tap|
|Suitability||Pets Welcome, Family Oriented, Children Welcome, Wheelchair accessible|
|Accommodation||Accommodation Type: Self Catering, Size: Spacious, Changeover Day Flexible|
|Theme||Away from it all|
Contact Information for Orchard House Hicks Farm Holidays United Kingdom
It is completely free to send an enquiry! Use this opportunity and email the owner below to ask as many questions as you wish about this Barn in Wales.
Barn in Wales, United Kingdom