Apartments on an estate near Spoleto Italy
Apartment in Umbria, Italy
Property Details of Umbria Apartment
Located on a natural lookout, 750 metres above sea level, with splendid views over Sellano and the little villages surrounding the green valley below, the Vallemela Residence stands in the walled hamlet of Montesanto, which during the 15th Century was an imposing castle on the border between the Duchy of Spoleto and the Dukedome of Camerino. Admiring the wall surrounding the castle and the church you can still recognise the remains of its past splendour. Divided into three apartments, the house is an excellent example of the harmony between past and present: externally the property retains its original architectural features (solid walls, squared stones, arches and little windows) while the interior has been carefully restored combining a seductive atmosphere of warmth and comfort with a great sense of history. Guests can enjoy the breathtaking view over the valley from a well-tended garden where it is easy to find a secluded spot to read a book or drink a glass of fine wine.
Local Area DetailsMontesanto is a hamlet on the hill above Sellano, the nearest village (8 km) where you could find all the basic services (bank, chemistry, supermarket, bars, butcher, post office, public telephone, etc). Montesanto is the ideal place for those who like discovering places off the beaten paths, enjoying nature in all its aspects and relaxing themselves from the city rushes. From there you can easily discover the Valnerina area, a 70 Km-long valley which covers more than 300 square kms of pure nature and little villages. As a result of the long standing rural tradition of Valnerina, the countryside is linked in a special way to the gourmet products of the area; the valley offers a unique opportunity to those who like combining the pleasures of discovering new places (Sellano, Norcia, Cascia, Preci and the S. Eutizio Abbey, Vallo di Nera, Visso...) with the pleasures of discovering new tastes (truffles, pecorino cheese, ricotta, lentils, prosciutto and pork butchery in general).
There are many towns to visit and folklore shows to discover in the area of Norcia and Valnerina. These are the distances between the Residence Vallemela and the most important cities:
- NORCIA, a small roman town with its attractive medieval churches, famous throughout Italy for its 'black truffle' and 'prosciutto crudo',
- CASTELLUCCIO, famous for its lentils and its beautiful spring flowering landscapes, ideal place for paragliding,
- MOUNT VETTORE and PILATO LAKE, ideal for excursions in the mountains,
- FERENTILLO perfect for rock-climbing on exciting equipped rock faces, - VALLO DI NERA, with its 'Festivallo' in August,
- SCHEGGINO, renowned for its superb river fish dishes,
- POGGIODOMO, with its beautiful church Madonna della Stella,
- MONTELEONE DI SPOLETO, famous for one of the world's great archaeological finds: a 6c B.C. Etruscan chariot which now resides at the Metropolitan Museum in New York,
- MARMORE WATERFALLS, the highest waterfalls in Europe,
- FOLIGNO, with ist spectacular 'Giostra della Quintana' In June and September and Pasta Festival in October,
- PRECI, with its live crib at the St. Eutizio Abbey,
- SPOLETO: charming roman town with its beautiful cathedral, Roman bridge and amphitheatre and most of all with its Festival of Music and Dance in June/July.
Anyway the main Umbrian towns are worth a day trip too: Assisi (Calendimaggio in May); Spello (Infiorata del Corpus Domini in June); Perugia (Umbria Jazz in July and Eurochocolate in October); Bevagna (Mercato delle Gaite in June); Todi 50 km (Antiquities Market in April).
Apartments on an estate near Spoleto Italy Property Information
|This Property Sleeps:||4|
|Minimum Price Per Week:||€310 |
|Maximum Price Per Week:||€650|
|Nearest Airport:||Rome International Airport: 20 (airport code FCO)|
|Changeover day: Saturday
Check-In Time: from 4 to 6 p.m.
Check-Out Time: by 10 a.m.|
- Has a Pool
- Close to a ski resort
Contact Information for Apartments on an estate near Spoleto Italy
|It is completely free to send an enquiry! Use this opportunity and email the owner below to ask as many questions as you wish about this Villa in England.
Apartment in Umbria, Italy